Are you a talented writer? Do you have a great idea for an article that will encourage families everywhere? Do you want to get published with us, and have your written work spread to our large subscriber base? If so, we want you to write for us! Read the guidelines below, and submit your article to email@example.com – we’ll be in touch!
- Articles should be unique, redemptive, theologically sound, encouraging, and speak to some aspect of family life. Connect your article to Biblical principles and truths.
- Articles can be any length, but we suggest writing between 600 and 1500 words.
- Articles should be checked for spelling and grammar errors.
Proven Strategies for Writing Excellent Content
- The first paragraph is the most important – use it to capture your reader’s attention.
- Tell stories to communicate your message!
- Utilize numbered lists to get more attention. For example: “4 Things I Learned During my First Year of Fatherhood” or “Ten Great Family Tips to Try Today”
- Give your readers practical tips that they can implement into their lives.
- Remember that your audience is busy moms and dads – your content should be readable, interesting, and relevant.
- Keep paragraphs short, and use bolded subheadings where appropriate.
- Send us high-resolution personally owned or public domain images (.jpg format) to accompany your article. Include the link for any images you get from the internet.
- For your author bio, submit a picture of yourself and a 1-2 sentence description of yourself, your family, and your life’s involvements.
Guest Writing Policies
- All guest articles become the intellectual property of FamiliesAlive®, meaning that we have the right to distribute and reuse your articles as we see fit, both now and in the future. However, you should feel free to post and distribute your blog through your own channels, as well!
- FamiliesAlive® reserves the right to edit, both in grammar and content, all guest articles. We also reserve the right to reject or request a rewrite for a article that doesn’t align with our organization’s mission and vision.